Friday, July 10, 2009

The proposal-4

"Riya...you don't need to cry...its completely okie if you don't feel the same..honestly even I'm a little surprised...how things changed..at first I thought I shouldn't tell you what I feel...but then somebody made me realize that I must tell you..so I did...but You don't need to worry about it.. its okie..there are no conditions in love..just stop crying yar...its not such a big deal..forget it...you know I'm a fool...take it light...actually on second thoughts na...me and you together...that ways...seems weired...hahahaa...[laughs ...trying to hide his tears..]..gosh...stupid I'm ..now please...stop giving those serious looks...its embarrassing..actually its good you didn't say a yes..I was thinking of taking a life time risk ...you saved me as always..[winks]..thanks buddy..common now smile...n lets go...before everybody else comes here..I'm hungry...[gets up...and starts moving...so that she doesn't see his moist eyes..]
"stop right there...."she yelled from behind...Sameer stopped there and then...n turned...Riya...came up to him..n said"you always have to ruin things...n try to show that you are very cool and all...I hate you...".."Riya..I.."he tries to say something but she interrupts him..."I thought this...I thought that...its okie...its alright..what is all this rubbish...you came...gave a speech...analyzed things your own way..n now you are going..accepting a decision I didn't even make...you over hyper freak..".."you couldn't sleep for 15 days ...I haven't slept since an year...I came to college and for me you were nothing more than a brat...I got to know you and you became my friend..then from my friend to my best friend and then..one fine day I realized what you realized at the prom night..since then everyday I come to college thinking that maybe today you will say something..but that day never came ...all that came my way was your statements when you used to make fun of me saying that only a nut case would marry me..I had left hope..thinking that we can't be anything more than friends..you would never feel the way I do..and have been trying to overcome those feelings since then...in fact the plan to go out of town for vacations was nothing but a means to go away from you..so that I don't fall weak...and today....all of a sudden...I wasn't expecting it..It was like a dream come true...so.....".[breaks down completely...]...Sameer...was shocked..surprised..[took two minutes to register the thought..]..held her arm and said.."fool...why didn't you tell me earlier...??.."..the moment he said this ..Riya..who was going all teary and weak..suddenly became firm ..and said.."ohh...so what were you expecting..I being a girl would go down on my knees with a ring in my hand..and propose to a boy who thinks I'm half mad..and the person who will marry me will be fully mad...is it?"..pushes him away.."just go..I don't want to talk to you..I hate you..you never understand"..Sameer knew he had messed up again ..he took a deep breath...went close to her..held her by her arms ..looked into her eyes and said.."I'm sorry for never understanding you..really sorry for hurting you everyday..but now I understand Riya..and promise to convert all those tears I have given you into smiles..please trust me..and silly when I had told you that only a fully mad fellow will marry you..you should have been intelligent enough to know that who can be more mad than me..stupid..come here now.."..pulls her close..hugs her...and whispers in her ears.."just for confirmation...all this means a yes na???..."...she smiles..n says.."yes..!".."then say that you love me...".."na...i hate you..."..she giggles...frees herself from his arms and runs towards the cafeteria..he screams.. from behind.."Miss.Marathon I Love You...."...she turns around...and replies.."I love you more Mr.white shirt blue jeans..."..
The following day...early morning Sameer gets ready and rushes to the park to meet the old lady...with a bouquet of flowers..and finds her sitting on the same bench where he had met her..he goes up to her and before he could say anything..she says.."congratulations...so won the battle...?"she smiles..."how do you know?"..Sameer asked....."don't ask stupid questions and tell me what happened...."...Sameer gave a detailed account of whatever had happened the previous day.."wow...you were way better than what I had thought you to be...I'm so happy..god bless you son.."..Sameer..hugged her and said.."thank you...if I have her in my life today its all because of you ..thank you so much...I told her about you..she said she would like to meet you...once she gets back from her grandma's place..she will be leaving in another hour..I have to go meet her at the station..".."ohh...so why are you wasting your time here...go..."..the lady said...Sameer gets up...and extends the bouquet towards her.."I got this for you..."..the old lady...was overwhelmed.."aww...thank you..."..she accepts it..and picks out a red rose from those flowers..gives it to him and says"give this to her...not from my side...but from yours.."...Sameer..takes..it with a shy smile.."now stop blushing and go..."...Sameer thanks her..once again..and heads towards the station.. the lady looks at the flowers...then the morning sun..and says.."what a beautiful beginning..."

[p.s:- firstly I am extremely sorry for the delay...had been busy with my admissions..secondly...thank you soooooooooooo much for reading and following the previous parts of the story and being so encouraging,supportive and patient...I hope I don't disappoint you with the last part...if I do...I'm sorry...will try to improve and come up with something better next time...once again thank you sooooo much...God bless!]

16 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 10, 2009

    this was beautiful!! nicely done parzi!

    keep writing... hope there is another story to come soon... or if there are more parts of this, u can consider writing the novel :)

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 10, 2009

    so so cute luv story ..!

    I read whole 4 parts at one stretch ..!

    u surely hav a way wth words...:)

    Expecting more stories frm u dear ..Gud luck for such expressive thoughts..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely end to a lovely story.....believe me it luked like m living it..simply beautiful yaar..keep writin hope to see more of these stories frm u :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 10, 2009

    AWWWWWW AWWWWWW... You have brought it well.. :))

    Btw, wat admission??

    God bless you.. TC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have written it beautifully !!! it brought a smile on my face!!!

    all the best with your admissions! :) take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 12, 2009

    s0 nice really... my condition was like.. tearfilled eyes and smile on my face..

    lovely.. lovely..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parzi
    I loved it a lllllllot. I felt everything is happening before my eyes. Such a sweet love story.are you planning to try your hands at the Indian version of Mills and Boon or what.

    Really Parzi now I am infatuated towards Sameer.Good that you didn't write part 5 otherwise I'd have fallen in love with him..he..he..he n yes thanks for your offer to provide me with a replica of a non- fictional Sameer ha.. ha..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @leo
    thank u soooo muchh...you are always the first one to be here n drop your words of encouragement...for which I' really grateful to you...thank you...
    well if i write anymore this...all you people will kill me...but honestly I actually can go on n on with this plot..hehehe...
    but thanks a ton for being so kind n supportive always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @vyshu
    hiee...i'm so glad u took the pain of reading the entire thing at a stretch and even more pleasantly surprised to know that u liked it also...thank u sooooo muchhhh...hope i don't disappoint you with my future posts...
    keep smiling
    gos bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @priya
    well thank u sooooo much for finding it so realistic n for appreciating it...means a lot dear...
    thank uuuuuuuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @princess nuchu
    thanks a ton dear...glad u liked it
    admissions for my post graduation in psychology...the process is on...lets see..

    ReplyDelete
  12. @thoorika
    thank u soooooo much...I;m glad that it made u smile...hope u keep smiling always!
    thank u sooooo much for your wishes...take care
    god bless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @pinkzzz
    thanks a ton dear...thanks a lot for liking and appreciating my work...
    god bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @abhilasha
    hieeee
    thank u sooooooooo muchhhhhhhh....for such a sweet comment
    i'm very glad to know that u liked it..well though I'm the romantic kinds...cant even think of going anywhere close to MILLS AND BOONS...this was just a little figment of my imagination..and I'm overwhelmed with the response...its highly motivating...thanks to all you great people here..
    as for Sameer...if i find someone like him...n if I put u uys together...then one thing U can be sure of that the 5th part would be about that...n I will defintly write it..heheh
    hugs...parul!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where is the last part of this series? I feel like reading a mystery novel and realizing that the last 3 pages are missing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww.. this was soooo sweet :)

    Lovely. God bless you:)

    ReplyDelete